Release notes for version 1.2
lu-decompositionsstructure was added for good.
condvarstructure now exports
- SRFI 22 ("Running Scheme Scripts on Unix") is fully supported.
- An implementation of SRFI 45 was added.
- Scheme 48 now builds from a directory other than the source directory. This enables builds for multiple platforms from a single source directory.
- Scheme 48 uses floating-point arithmetic by default
floatnumswere loaded in a previous release. To that end, Scheme 48 now uses Bob Burger's lightning-fast free-format floating-point printer.
make installnow creates the installation directories.
- Scheme 48 uses floating-point arithmetic by default now--as if
- Bug fixes
- The PreScheme compiler works again for the VM---in 1.1, there was a bug in the type inferencer related to exactness.
- A number of bugs in the
regexpsstructure were fixed (many noted by James B Crigler).
- The closed compilator for
errorwas buggy (reported by Taylor Campbell).
- A number of documentation bugs were fixed.
- The assembler works again, at least rudimentarily.
spatialstructure loads and works again.
- Most of the code in scheme/misc (
integer-lengths) works again.
Spawnnow returns the created thread, and the
current-thread. (As the 1.1 documentation already claimed.)
- Floating-point numbers are now printed correctly. (See above.)
make installnow installs
- Two subtle GC bugs related to threads were fixed (reported by Jorgen Schaefer).
- Some arithmetic bugs were fixed (reported by Aubrey Jaffer).
- A number of bugs related to the handling of I/O error were fixed.
- The debugger now prints more information about the context of a VM exception.
- A GC bug related to POSIX signals was fixed.
posix-processesstructure now exports